Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday Features and a Winner

Yesterday I saw a large group of bike riders, vans, Red Cross vehicles, and a bus for the Wounded Warrior cyclists (wounded veterans ride even if it is in a specially designed 'bike'). My four year old son asked me why it was taking so long to travel down the road and I pointed to the group. When I read the words "Wounded Warrior" I choked back a sob. People do a lot for us to live in this country; I wish more people were grateful...

charm by ChubbyChicoCharms
 bracelet by AtEaseDesigns
blocks by AlaynasCreations

shirt by SouthernBelleBows

The winner of Artful Rising's Giveaway is Maegan! Thank you to everyone that entered.

8 comments:

Memories for Life said...

A wonderful and touching post today! I couldn't be more proud to live in this country :)

SarahBeth said...

I agree wholeheartedly! You found some wonderful examples!

Rose Clearfield said...

Great idea for a feature! Congrats to our winner!

BeadedTail said...

Wonderful features! I'm very grateful for those who serve our country! Congrats to the winner!

Kathleen said...

Amen! Freedom is not free.
Congrats to your winner =)

storybeader said...

nice features. And congrats. to Maegan - hope she enjoys her gifts. {:-D

Splendid Little Stars said...

poignant. great finds!

Congratulations to Maegan!

Anonymous said...

Wow...that's a really touching sentiment!! Love this post:)