Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Worktable Wednesday -- N. Fallon Design Studio


Lately I've been knitting up a storm.  You see, I've had this idea spinning around in my head for quite some time now.  I love to create bags and purses for people who love simplicity, much like me.  In my line already I have the coin purse, a tiny zipper pocket to store small wallet-like items.  I also have a clutch design, but I've been dreaming of something in between.  Finally, all of these thoughts came to fruition, and now I have a hybrid:



The result is a bit bigger than the coin purse at 6 inches wide by 4 inches deep, not quite as big as the clutch.  This product (yet to be named) will be more wallet-y than my coin purses, containing pockets and pouches inside to organize all of your wallet-y stuff.  It also swipes the wristlet from my clutches so that you can be free from a purse on those days that you want to carry just the bare essentials.  At the moment I'm still developing the wristlet component, which will be detachable to offer you the choice!

In summary, this is my most versatile product yet, able to serve as a wallet in your purse, or a simple purse outside of your purse;)


A note about their pattern/ color availability: I've got a dichotomy of design lines going on here.  The first will be my seasons collection including the color schemes show above titled "Fall" and "Spring".  I've also got colors worked out for winter and summer, and other patterns worked out for each color scheme, soon to be revealed!  The second collection that these little guys will be available in called Sparkle, my glamour line.  I'm making you wait to see anything from that one though, so stay tuned!


____________________________________


Find N. Fallon Design Studio on:  
Etsy  * Blog  *  Facebook  *  Twitter 

12 comments:

Jenny said...

How fun! I really enjoyed reading that and hearing about your design process. I love the design and can't wait to see more!

Sheryl Hastings said...

Nancy! I love these!! I hate keeping a wallet in my purse because I don't like the bulk so I like to use a simple and small zip bag like this. I've never see one with organization inside. These are a great idea.

Memories for Life said...

How cute...and what a great size! I can't wait to see your sparkle line!

Linda B said...

Those are great and seem very versatile.

Congrats on your new product line.

Duni said...

Those knitted wrislets with the large dots are AMAZING! You've really been busy, Nancy! I have always admired your knitting talent!

Rose Clearfield said...

Awesome idea, Nancy! I love the versatility option. Good luck with developing this new line!

BeadedTail said...

I love that idea Nancy! I like the dots too!

storybeader said...

that's a real handy item. Looks like you can fit all the things that you need for a walk = keys, license and phone! I like your winter! {:-D

Splendid Little Stars said...

a small bag with organizers inside-genius!
It's fun seeing your work in progress as well as hints of what's to come!

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone! It seems that I'm working so hard but slow to get anywhere- the nature of the medium sometimes. I had hoped to have one lined to show, but that didn't happen!

tamdoll said...

This is a great design idea - very practical and I love the color scheme idea!

Judy Nolan said...

Nancy, I very much enjoyed reading about your process. The bag you ended up with looks very useful.